Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heartbeat & Gender

Well, I had an appt this morning with my doctor. Today we got the hear the heartbeat. Isabel was with me and daddy was on speaker phone. The heartbeat is about 150 beats per minute, which is the same as Isabel's was.

My weight remained the same from 4 weeks ago, which is good that I didn't lose anymore. But that's because food is staying down more and I have been able to eat a wider range of food. I a still down 2.5 pounds from where I started, but that was exactly where I was with Isabel at my 12 week appt. (even though tomorrow I am at 14 weeks with this baby.) It was interesting to see that my blood pressure was EXACTLY the same this time too. I would think she just copied my vital stats from one to the next if my pulse wasn't different.

My next appt. will be when I am 17.5 weeks along. We will be doing the quad screen (bloodwork) and that has to be done before 18 weeks. And a couple weeks after that we will do another ultrasound and at that point we will find out the sex of the baby.

But so far, I am predicting another girl. Many things have been very similar as far as the pregnancy goes. And they say if the heartbeat is over 140 it is girl and if it's under it's a boy. The Chinese Birth Chart says the child is a girl too. Isabel says we are having a girl, but she also says she wants a sister, so her prediction might be wishful thinking. I guess we'll have to wait 6 more weeks to see what the ultrasound says.

No comments: