Wednesday, August 19, 2009

30 Weeks (text)

I haven't take a picture yet today. I wanted to do a baby bellies one with Isabel again, but she's still napping (& I am not disturbing that since she hasn't taken one again in several days).

So, I just looked up the 2009 hurricane names (after I figured out this am that H is a boys name) and what do you know. H will be Henri. Dammit all! At least it is spelled differently and hopefully it will not be a bad hurricane. I thought we were done figuring out names, but now I kinda want a back up.

Also, in light of our current situation we have decided to not buy a video baby monitor (as much as I really want to and think we need to) until our situation changes. It's just not the time to drop $150 on that or a sit-n-stand stroller, which that I had planned to wait until spring to see if we needed anyways. We have been using the stroller less & less these days, so by then she might not even need to ride at all even for events of lots of walking and we can continue to use just the single stroller. I suppose that makes a great argument for spacing the kids out further.

Baby boy is still moving around a lot in there and today at yoga class I realized how much more room he is taking up. I can still do all the poses but am having to modify more & more of them. There is another pregnant woman in my yoga class, so I am not the only one that needs the modifications.

It's strange to say I am at 30 weeks now. Wow! It's 3/4 over, or even more if he comes early. Last night we watched the "Baby Whisperer" on DVD. We weren't thrilled with it because we didn't learn anything new, except how to burp a baby to reduce or eliminate spit-up (rub, not pat). So, we may have like it better if were first time parents, plus the item we were really interested in was about sleeping & getting them to sleep through the night earlier was not covered in much detail and only was a couple minutes of the show. So, I might just check out the book to see what that says.

Our house is getting to be quite messy again. 20 weeks ago it was because I wanted to die because I was so sick, but now it's because I just can't bend over to pick everything up. And at 3 years old, everything has lots of pieces and not to mention that she moves a lot faster, so while I am picking up one mess she has made 3 more in different areas of the house. Also, unloading & reloading the bottom rack of the dishwasher is starting to be more challenging.

On a more positive note, because I have stuck with my yoga practice throughout the pregnancy it is still easy enough to lift my leg up on the shelf on the side of the tub to shave my legs.

The heartburn is starting to happen in the evening. It is exacerbated by trying to pick up the place and then in the evening baby boys starts kicking a lot, so he disturbs things as well.

I have started to slowly work at making meals for the freezer by just doubling up on things. So far most of it has been soups, but I will get a few casseroles in there soon. I still have some time.

No comments: