Monday, August 31, 2009

Slowing Down

Now that we are down to basically the last 8 weeks and he is getting bigger & bigger, I am having to slow down. I went to the gym today and since yoga class was cancelled, I went on the treadmill for an hour. I had to cut back on the speed I usually would have walked at (from 4.0 to 3.5). When I tried to up it to 4.0 (which is a 15 minute mile) My stomach got rock hard and got lots of braxton-hicks contractions and my hips felt like they were just going to fall out of the sockets. I could really tell that things are loosening up. So, down to 3.5 it was and had to remain. There was still tightening in my stomach and braxton-hicks contractions, but none of it was as intense and I didn't feel like I was going to lose any body parts.

Once Isabel starts preschool next week I am hoping to get a walk in on one of both of those days while she is there, plus keep my yoga classes.

Although, I have to say that I am pretty pooped out now. So, an hour might have pushed it a bit.

No comments: