Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Cake" Shower

Right now we (Isabel & I) are in WI visiting friends & family. Currently, we are in O-town and we just attended a playgroup with our old playgroup yesterday. If it wasn't for seeing the kids growing up & changing so fast it would have felt like I never left, but I do miss all of them so. It was so nice to see so many of my friends.

Anyways, at the playgroup my friend Elizabeth had arranged a "cake" shower. There will be a picture coming soon when I am back at home. Anyways, she bought a cake for all the moms & kids to share, that was a HUGE hit with the kids, and she made one of those diaper cakes with sizes NB, 1 & 2. I had never received one of those before. And she also gave me a couple boxes of tea. She is such a sweetheart. She is trying to spoil me in moving back here someday soon.

Right now we are at my friend Lori's house and we will head to Elizabeth's for the weekend this morning. Lori & Rachael bought the baby a "neenee" pink baby blanket. Rachael has one just like it in purple that she calls her "neenee" (sp?) and thought the baby needed one and really wanted the baby to have pink, guess we'll know how fitting that is next week. And Lori let me raid her 0-6 months clothes to pick out some long sleeve tops & long pants in gender neutral colors. I have some gender neutral stuff from Isabel, but not much was warm weather clothes. Rachael was born in April, so she had a few things that were warmer. My friends here are spoiling me too much, but I am eating it up (just like the cake yesterday -- mmmmmM!)

No comments: