Thursday, September 24, 2009

35 Week OB Appt

It was a quick routine appt. Took my stats and everything is right where it is normally for me. Listened to the heartbeat and it was very strong at 140bpm. She was even able to catch hearing all 4 chambers working together today, which was a bonus since they don't normally try to catch that. She measureed my uterus and at 35 1/7 I am measuring 36cm. With Isabel I was measuring 35cm at 35 6/7 weeks. Again, she said is he is born at his due date he will be slightly bigger than Isabel was but won't be a big baby.

She confirmed that he has dropped down (which this is earlier than Isabel did by a week). It's not like I need confirmation because everytime I go from sitting to standing and have the urgent need to pee I am reminded that he has dropped down.

After palpitating my uterus, she also said that he is taking up every bit of that length he has in there and not curled up as much as some babies are in shorter moms. I guess that makes me lucky to have a longer torso because otherwise I would have more trouble breathing . He still gets his foot up to kick my lungs periodically, but it doesn't need to rest there yet. She also said by feeling him he doesn't feel like he is going to be too big at this point, just above average (7lbs.) baby weight. Maybe I will be having another long skinny baby.

Isabel was average for weight at 7lbs. 2 oz. , but she was long at 21.25 inches (average is 20 inches).

That's it. I am on weekly visits now. My next appt is next week Friday afternoon and I get the Group B Strep test that day and then I start vaginal exams (oh joy!).

No comments: