Tuesday, October 20, 2009

39 Weeks



Tomorrow is 39 weeks. Decided to take the weekly picture before bed tonight.

Last night was a rough night. Contractions started around 8:30 and finally around 9:30 I figured I should start timing. They were lasting 1.5-2 minutes each and about 8 minutes apart. I kept a spreadsheet tracking them for 2 hours, but then started getting tired and decided to see if they would keep up if I took a bath. So, I took a half hour bath and they continued. Went to bed and they still continued. Not really changing, just remaining consistent.

Daddy & I stayed up and talked a while and then called it quits around 12:30. They didn't seem too strong that I couldn't sleep through them with minimal distraction. They continued but had lessened in intensity since the bath. But around 2:15am I was awoken by one that was pretty intense. These seemed stronger than earlier ones, and were waking me up about every 15-20 minutes. After 2 hours of this, I decided to get up and start timing once again. Everytime I had one during those 2 hours I couldn't sleep through it. But then it seemed that I had one more after I woke and they stopped. I waited for a while and then went back to bed around 5:15 for 2 hours until I had to get up (later than usual) to get Isabel ready & off to school.



I made this for Isabel the other day using an iron-on transfer that I created. She has seen it and is very excited to wear it to the hospital when baby boy is born.

No comments: